Yield: About 3 1/2 dozen
- 4 small ripe plantains
- Vegetable oil
- Cold water
- Slice plantains into 3/4-inch-thick rounds.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1 1/2 inches in a Dutch oven; heat to 375°. Fry plantain slices in batches until golden. Drain and cool.
- Flatten slices to 1/8-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Soak in cold water to cover for 2 to 3 minutes or until edges puff. Drain on paper towels.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven to 375°; fry chips in batches 3 minutes or until browned and crisp. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with salt, and serve immediately.
- Note: To reheat, arrange chips in a single layer on baking sheets. Bake at 450º for 5 to 7 minutes or until hot and crisp.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Plantain Chips Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Appetizers