Planked Salmon on the Grill
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 12-inch cedar plank, soaked
- 2 pound(s) fresh coho salmon fillets (1 side)
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced garlic
- 1/3 cup(s) bourbon or chardonnay
- 1 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients except salmon and blend to make marinade. Marinate the fish in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to one hour.
- Soak the cedar plank in water for a minimum of one hour prior to grilling.
- Place the marinated fillet skin side down onto the soaked cedar plank. Place the planked fish on a hot grill and close the lid. The plank will begin to smoke.
- Cooked to desired doneness (usually 10–20 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish).
- Remove and serve straight from the plank to create a unique presentation.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note