Planked Salmon on the Grill
This grilling technique creates flavor from the wood and the grill. Recipe from Harris Teeter's Fresh Catch Newsletter.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 12-inch cedar plank, soaked
- 2 pound(s) fresh coho salmon fillets (1 side)
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced garlic
- 1/3 cup(s) bourbon or chardonnay
- 1 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients except salmon and blend to make marinade. Marinate the fish in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to one hour.
- Soak the cedar plank in water for a minimum of one hour prior to grilling.
- Place the marinated fillet skin side down onto the soaked cedar plank. Place the planked fish on a hot grill and close the lid. The plank will begin to smoke.
- Cooked to desired doneness (usually 10–20 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish).
- Remove and serve straight from the plank to create a unique presentation.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note