This is the best salmon recipe I have tried in many years. Making it for gourmet group this weekend!!
Plank-Grilled Salmon with Grape Relish
Serve this dish with pinot noir. Briny olives, sweet grapes, and rich salmon match well with the wine's balance of earthiness and acidity. Substitute picholine or other green olives, if necessary.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 22 Minutes
- Calories: 370
- Fat: 18.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5.4g
- Protein: 39.3g
- Carbohydrate: 10.4g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 115mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 412mg
- Calcium: 40mg
- 1 (15 x 6 1/2 x 3/8-inch) alder wood grilling plank
- 4 (6-ounce) wild Alaskan salmon fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup chopped leek
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, quartered
- 12 Castelvetrano olives, pitted and chopped
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1. Immerse and soak plank in water 1 hour; drain.
- 2. Preheat grill to medium-high.
- 3. Place plank on grill rack; grill 3 minutes or until lightly charred. Sprinkle fillets with pepper and salt. Carefully turn plank over using sturdy long-handled tongs. Place fillets, skin-side down, on charred side of plank. Grill 12 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
- 4. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add leek and shallots; sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in grapes and olives; remove from heat. Stir in vinegar. Serve with salmon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes