- 1/2 cup light stick butter, melted
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pure anise or lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 (17.5-ounce) package sugar cookie mix (about 1 2/3 cups)
- 3 cups assorted fruit-flavored sorbets, softened
- calories 161
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fat 5.3 g
- satfat 2.6 g
- protein 2.1 g
- carbohydrate 24.9 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 25 mg
- iron 0.5 mg
- sodium 95 mg
- calcium 6 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl, stirring with a whisk; add to cookie mix, stirring until smooth. Drop batter by level tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto baking sheets lined with nonstick foil or parchment paper. Using the back of a spoon, spread batter into 3-inch circles.
Bake at 375° for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are golden brown around the edges. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
Place about 3 tablespoons sorbet on 1 cookie; top with another cookie, and gently press until sorbet reaches edges. Carefully smooth sorbet around edges of the sandwich with spatula. Immediately wrap sandwich in plastic wrap or wax paper, and place in freezer. Repeat procedure using remaining sorbet and cookies. Freeze at least 2 hours before serving. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month.