Pizza with Spinach, Tomatoes, and Pine Nuts
Community Recipe from
- 1 (10-oz) box(es) frozen, chopped spinach thawed
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 3 clove(s) garlic, large thickly sliced
- 1 recipe Traditional Pizza Dough
- cornmeal, for dusting
- 1/2 cup(s) Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper freshly grated
- 1/2 cup(s) parmagiano reggiano freshly grated
- 1 cup(s) mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 cup(s) fresh Roma tomatoes
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh basil sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) pine nuts
- Preheat the oven to 500º. If you are using a pizza stone, place it on a middle rack and preheat it with the oven. If you are using pizza pans, arrange the rack in the middle of the oven.
- Squeeze as much water as possible from the spinach. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until it begins to color, 1 minute. Add the spinach and cook for 3-5 minutes, until the spinach is tender.
- Divide the pizza dough in half. Pat or roll each half into a 14-inch round. Place on a wooden peel or a pizza pan generously dusted with cornmeal. Spread half the Pizza Sauce evenly over each round and distribute half the spinach mixture evenly over the sauce. Top each pizza with half each of the Parmesan and mozzarella, then half each of the tomatoes, basil, and pine nuts. Cover the pizza you will not be baking immediately with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- If you are using a pizza stone, slide the pizza directly onto the preheated stone. Otherwise, place the prepared pizza on its pan on the rack. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until brown, crisp, and bubbling. Remove from the oven, cut into wedges, and serve. Bake the second pizza similarly.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinarroyave and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pizza with Spinach, Tomatoes, and Pine Nuts Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pizza