Pizza with Mushrooms and Leeks
We've given you the steps to make a homemade crust, but a commercial thin crust will work just as well—just start with step 5.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 292
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Protein: 13.3g
- Carbohydrate: 43.2g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 505mg
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Calcium: 251mg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon warm water (100° to 110°)
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek (about 1)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) pre-shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in a medium bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add flour and salt to yeast mixture; stir until mixture forms a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic (about 5 minutes). Place dough in a medium bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 35 minutes or until doubled in size. (Press 2 fingers into dough. If indentation remains, dough has risen enough.) Punch dough down; cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Roll dough into a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Place on a 12-inch pizza pan or baking sheet coated with cooking spray and sprinkled with cornmeal. Bake at 450° for 7 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms and leek; sauté 6 minutes or until mushrooms are golden brown and leek is tender. Sprinkle with thyme and pepper; stir well. Remove from heat.
- Spoon pasta sauce over pizza crust. Top with mushroom mixture, and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 450° for 14 to 16 minutes or until cheese melts and crust is browned. Cut into 8 slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note