- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds cube steak, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) can basil-garlic tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
How to Make It
Combine first 3 ingredients. Dredge steak in flour mixture.
Brown steak, in batches, in hot oil in a large skillet over high heat 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Remove steak from skillet, and place in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
Sauté sliced onion, chopped bell pepper, and mushrooms in skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender. Add pizza and tomato sauces, and simmer 15 minutes; pour over steak.
Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese; bake 15 minutes or until cheese melts.