Really good. Did need a little salt in the toppings.
Brighten a homemade version of a take-out favorite with two different colors of bell peppers. Use your own color combo, or any bell peppers you have on hand.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
- Calories: 320
- Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 13.7g
- Carbohydrate: 48.7g
- Fiber: 6.5g
- Cholesterol: 27mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 497mg
- Calcium: 13mg
- 1 (16-ounce) refrigerated fresh pizza crust dough
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (4-ounce) turkey Italian sausage link
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced orange bell pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup lower-sodium marinara sauce (such as McCutcheon's)
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 500°.
- 2. Roll dough into a 14-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Place dough on a 14-inch pizza pan or baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove casing from sausage. Add sausage to pan; cook 2 minutes, stirring to crumble. Add mushrooms, bell peppers, onion, crushed red pepper, and garlic; sauté 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Spread sauce over dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Arrange cheese evenly over sauce. Arrange turkey mixture evenly over cheese. Bake at 500° for 15 minutes or until crust and cheese are browned. Cut into 12 wedges.
This updated version of Pizza Supreme is based on a recipe that originally ran in Cooking Light, March 2011. The recipe was retested and updated for Cooking Light Crave!, Oxmoor House, 2013.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes