- 1 (16-ounce) refrigerated fresh pizza crust dough
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (4-ounce) turkey Italian sausage link
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced orange bell pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup lower-sodium marinara sauce (such as McCutcheon's)
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- calories 320
- fat 9.5 g
- satfat 3.4 g
- monofat 4 g
- polyfat 1.1 g
- protein 13.7 g
- carbohydrate 48.7 g
- fiber 6.5 g
- cholesterol 27 mg
- iron 1.4 mg
- sodium 497 mg
- calcium 13 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 500°.
Roll dough into a 14-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Place dough on a 14-inch pizza pan or baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove casing from sausage. Add sausage to pan; cook 2 minutes, stirring to crumble. Add mushrooms, bell peppers, onion, crushed red pepper, and garlic; sauté 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Spread sauce over dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Arrange cheese evenly over sauce. Arrange turkey mixture evenly over cheese. Bake at 500° for 15 minutes or until crust and cheese are browned. Cut into 12 wedges.
This updated version of Pizza Supreme is based on a recipe that originally ran in Cooking Light, March 2011. The recipe was retested and updated for Cooking Light Crave!, Oxmoor House, 2013.