As this casserole bakes, the aroma will make you think you've ordered out for pizza.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 16 Hours, 10 Minutes
- 1 (16-ounce) French or Italian bread loaf, cut into 1/2
- 1 cup finely chopped prosciutto (about 4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Arrange bread cubes in a single layer on large baking sheets. Let stand 8 hours to dry.
- Spread half of bread cubes in a lightly greased 13" x 9" baking dish. Sprinkle prosciutto and next 3 ingredients evenly over bread cubes. Arrange remaining bread cubes evenly over Parmesan. Top with tomatoes, olives, and mozzarella cheese.
- Whisk together eggs and remaining 5 ingredients. Pour egg mixture evenly over bread cubes, pressing down cubes gently to absorb liquid; cover and chill 8 hours.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 55 minutes or until set and top is browned. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note