- 2.1 ounces tapioca flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 1.3 ounces white rice flour (about 1/4 cup)
- 1.15 ounces brown rice flour (about 1/4 cup)
- 1.15 ounces cornstarch (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 ounce turkey pepperoni, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 0.5 ounce part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 2 tablespoons)
- 0.5 ounce reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 large egg
- White rice flour, for dusting
- Cooking spray
- calories 128
- fat 6.5 g
- satfat 3.6 g
- monofat 1.9 g
- polyfat 0.5 g
- protein 3.1 g
- carbohydrate 15 g
- fiber 0.4 g
- cholesterol 37 mg
- iron 0.5 mg
- sodium 294 mg
- calcium 122 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Weigh or lightly spoon flours and cornstarch into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, cornstarch, baking powder, and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in pepperoni and cheeses.
Combine milk and egg in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until combined. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moist.
Turn dough out onto a surface lightly dusted with white rice flour. Pat dough into a 6 1/2-inch circle on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper; cut dough into 10 wedges, cutting into but not through dough. Lightly coat top of dough with cooking spray.
Bake at 400° for 18 minutes or until edges are golden and center is firm. Remove scones from baking sheet to a wire rack. Serve warm.