pizza sauce from scratch
Readymade pizza sauce is so expensive. Fortunately, it is easy to make from scratch. This recipe mixes everything in a blender for kid-friendly consistency.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 can(s) tomato paste (6oz)
- 1 can(s) tomatoes (28oz)
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 8 clove(s) garlic
- 4 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 4 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- The tomato paste reduces the amount of water per unit sauce, removing the need to cook the sauce to evaporate some water. Mix ingredients in blender. Blend until uniformly mixed.
- You can substitute caramelized onions for some of the sugar.
- Note: If desired, fresh basil is a nice touch. Basil does not retain flavor if cooked and must be sprinkled on after cooking.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jpritikin and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
pizza sauce from scratch Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pizza