My family & I didn't care for this at all. My 21 yr old son asked me what type of "fish" it was & told me he couldn't stomach it - I explained it was chicken & goat cheese. Threw the recipe away and had to whip something else up for dinner. But some people seem to like it per the reviews so maybe it's just us . . .
Upgrade pizza night by topping a loaf of Italian bread with fresh basil, rotisserie chicken, and all the best of Italian-inspired ingredients. A food processor makes quick work of the homemade sauce. Serve with artichoke–green bean salad.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 330
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 23.2g
- Carbohydrate: 34.4g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 46mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 595mg
- Calcium: 98mg
- 1/4 cup niçoise olives, pitted
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf Italian bread, split in half horizontally
- 2 cups thinly sliced roasted skinless, boneless chicken breast (about 6 ounces)
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Combine first 7 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth. Place bottom half of bread, cut side up, on a baking sheet (reserve top half for another use). Spread olive mixture over bread. Arrange chicken over bread; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until heated. Sprinkle with basil. Cut into 4 pieces.
- Artichoke–green bean salad: Place 2 cups (2-inch) cut green beans in boiling water; cook 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain. Place beans in a small bowl. Drain 1 (6 1/2-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, reserving marinade. Thinly slice artichoke hearts; add to beans. Add reserved marinade, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon salt to bowl; toss to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note