My neighbors request this every time we get together! It started by one of them stopping by when I had made this and invited her to have some. Now everyone always looks forward to it. I do alter the dressing, sometimes I use Spanish sherry vinegar (and I ALWAYS add dijon, garlic and a bit of honey to my dressing). I also roast my own red bell peppers, the bottled kind are horrible. oh and sometimes I use Naan instead of the Boboli. Is a SUPER recipe
Pizza Panzanella Salad
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Jan Gautro
Use a bottled Greek or Caesar dressing instead of making a vinaigrette to save even more time.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 336
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 11.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 15.5g
- Carbohydrate: 47.3g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 953mg
- Calcium: 304mg
- 1 (1-pound) Italian cheese-flavored pizza crust (such as Boboli)
- 2 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1 small cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can navy beans, drained
- 1 (7-ounce) bottle roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place pizza crust on a baking sheet; bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Cut crust into 1-inch pieces.
- While crust bakes, combine lettuce and next 7 ingredients (lettuce through feta cheese) in a large bowl. Combine vinegar and remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
- Add crust pieces to lettuce mixture; toss gently. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad; toss gently to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note