Tomato juice lends these zesty muffins a tawny color. Serve them with a cup of soup or a salad for a satisfying lunch.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 20 Minutes
Stand: 3 Minutes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup diced turkey pepperoni
- 2 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Sauté onion and garlic in 2 Tbsp. hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- 2. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- 3. Stir together onion mixture, tomato juice, egg, and remaining 4 Tbsp. oil, blending well; add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon mixture into lightly greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full. Sprinkle evenly with grated Parmesan cheese.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand 3 minutes before removing from pans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note