This is our take on the traditional Neapolitan pizza resplendent with the red, white, and green of the Italian flag. Gently patting the tomato slices with a paper towel prevents the pizza from becoming soggy.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 99
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 3.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 3.8g
- Carbohydrate: 13.6g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 220mg
- Calcium: 65mg
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 (10-inch) Basic Pizza Dough
- 6 very thin tomato slices
- 3 ounces buffalo mozzarella, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons torn fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Position an oven rack in the lowest setting. Place a pizza stone on the lowest oven rack.
- 2. Preheat oven to 500°. Preheat pizza stone 30 minutes before baking pizza.
- 3. Gently brush 1/2 teaspoon oil over Basic Pizza Dough. Pat tomato slices with a paper towel. Arrange cheese over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with tomato slices. Slide dough onto preheated pizza stone, using a spatula as a guide.
- 4. Bake at 500° for 9 minutes or until crust is golden. Remove from pizza stone. Drizzle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with basil, salt, and black pepper. Cut into 8 wedges.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note