Cherry tomatoes bring color and sweetness to this Italian-style version of an omelet.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 239
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 26.8g
- Carbohydrate: 14.6g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Iron: 3.9mg
- Sodium: 952mg
- Calcium: 148mg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (8-ounce) cartons egg substitute
- 2 (4-ounce) links sweet turkey Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 cup canned cannellini or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine first 4 ingredients; set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the casings from sausage. Add sausage and onion to pan; cook 4 minutes, stirring to crumble sausage. Add tomatoes; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in beans. Pour egg mixture over bean mixture; cover and cook 3 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Wrap handle of skillet with foil. Broil for 5 minutes or until set.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note