Like my recipe better ( less yeast, no oil). I think any artisan bread type product is better if after the dough barely comes together you let it rest covered for 10-15 mins to hydrate the dry ingredients then proceed as directed. Much better texture. Also I let mine rise covered with plastic on the counter at least 5 hrs. Bake on tiles ( you can buy unglazed leadfree terracotta floor tiles heated for at least 40 mins on the highest temp your oven will go then put the thinly stretched dough on parchment directly on the tiles. ) They only take 5-10 mins depending on the oven temp
This recipe goes with Smoky, Spicy Pizza, Barbecue Chicken Pizza, Individual Bacon-and-Egg Pizzas, Hawaiian Pizza, Roasted Red Pepper, Feta and Hummus Pizza, White Pizza, Margherita Pizza, Mushroom, Pepper, Olive and Capers Pizza
More From Allyou
Rise: 45 Minutes
- Calories: 157
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 31g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 146mg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/8 teaspoons (1/8 oz.) instant or rapid-rise dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1. Put flour, yeast, sugar and salt into bowl of a food processor and pulse once or twice to mix. Combine oil and 1/2 cup warm water (between 105° and 115°F) in a small glass or measuring cup. With food processor motor running, slowly pour water mixture through feed tube; process until a ball of dough forms. Let it run until dough is smooth, about another minute. Dough should be slightly tacky but not too sticky. If necessary, add a little flour, one tablespoon at a time, and let it run for a little longer.
- 2. Oil a medium-size mixing bowl. Form dough into a ball and transfer to bowl, turning dough to coat with oil. Cover bowl with plastic wrap or a clean kitchen towel and place in a warm, draft-free spot until dough doubles in size, about 45 minutes.
- Whole-wheat option 1. Use 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour and 3/4 cup all-purpose flour. 2. Add 1/2 tsp. honey to the oil-warm water mixture. 3. Proceed with Pizza Dough recipe as written. Per serving: 152 Cal., 2g Fat (0g Sat.), 0mg Chol., 3g Fiber, 5g Pro., 30g Carb., 147mg Sod.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note