This was a very simple recipe although directions omitted the salt which I believe was a bit light. I added the salt at the same time as the flour. I liked using honey instead of sugar. I also added fresh rosemary with the flour. This crust crisped quite nicely even though I made one large, instead of the two mediums as suggested. If you are new to cooking with yeast, I recommend you understand "Proofing" your yeast.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) warm water (100-105 degrees)
- 2 1/4 teaspoon(s) active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoon(s) honey, divided
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- In a large bowl, combine water, yeast and honey. Mix with a spoon, then let sit until foamy, about 10 minutes. Add in 2 1/2 cups flour and olive oil stirring with a spoon until the dough comes together but is still sticky. Using your hands, form the dough into a ball and work the additional 1/2 cup flour in to the dough, kneading it on a floured surface for a few minutes. You can also do all the mixing and kneading in your stand mixer with the dough hook attachment. Rub the same bowl with olive oil then place the dough inside, turning to coat. Cover with a towel and place in a warm place to rise for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Once the pizza dough is ready to go, divide the dough in half. Place half the dough aside for another use or freeze for later. With the remaining dough roll/press into two medium size round pizzas (I like to divide my dough in half (again) and make two medium pizza's rather than one large. I find the the pizzas cook better at a smaller size.). They do not have to be perfect! Roll the dough as thin as possible or until you reach your desired thickness.
- Spread with sauce, toppings, and cheese
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30- 35 minutes or until your desired doneness.
- Let sit for 5 mintes before cutting.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note