- 4 cup(s) bread or all purpose flour white
- 1 1/4 cup(s) lukewarm water
- 2 1/4 teaspoon(s) active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil extra virgin
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar or honey
- 1/4 cup(s) milk or water
- Preheat oven 450°F.
- I prefer using milk for the liquid in this recipe. It adds flavor to your dough. But if you don't have it, use water.
- Using a large ceramic mixing bowl, or any suitable food safe bowl, add the flour, make a "well" in middle, and put in 1 teaspoon salt, stir to combine well. Set aside.
- Prepare the starter: In a liquid measuring cup pour in 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water, 1 teaspoon sugar or honey, and one package of active dry yeast. Stir and set aside for 5 minutes. Allow to foam up (or proof).
- Next, mix the starter (yeast water) and the milk in the bowl containing the flour with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Stir together using a wooden spoon or clean hands.
- Note: You will need additional flour to knead on the surface that you're working on. Knead for about 8 minutes or until you get a smooth elastic rubbery dough ball.
- Set aside in bowl, drizzle with a little olive oil to keep the dough from drying out. Let dough sit covered lightly with plastic wrap or use a plate or damp clean towel to cover it.
- Allow the dough to rise for 30 minutes to an hour. Flatten dough and press out into a circle to fit the pan it will be baked in. Spread it out evenly, don't be afraid to lift underneath to stretch the dough. Sprinkle baking pan with yellow cornmeal or Farina. If you don't have these on hand you can use flour or simply grease the pan with olive oil using a paper towel.
- Top with your favorite spaghetti sauce, spreading out using the back of a spoon, then add shredded or sliced mozzarella cheese, and jack or Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for about 12-14 mins, but watch it!
- When the bottom looks slightly browned and the pizza looks bubbly, remove from oven.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Supermom7738 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pizza Dough Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pizza