This was my 1st time making homemade pizza so I don't have much to compare it to. I made as directed and used 1 tsp of each of the seasonings but really couldn't taste them over the pizza toppings. I baked the crust 10 minutes before adding the sauce and toppings. It did rise some when baking. Very filling.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dry Active Yeast
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) Water (100 Deg F)
- 2 tablespoon(s) Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) Sugar
- 2 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Salt
- Basil Leaves
- Preheat to 350 Deg. F.
- (Try baking the crust a little before putting sauce on to keep it from getting soggy.)
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add oil.
- In a seperate large mixing bowl, mix the remaining ingredients until not too many flour crumbs are left. (Note; do not use sea salt as it will sometimes prohibit the yeast from working.)
- Start with 1t of each of the seasonings.
- Then knead on a floured surface until uniform and everything is incorporated into the dough ball. Let rest for 10 min and then flatten in 12" Pizza Pan.
- Optional: baking the crust at this point for 10 min will help keep the sauce from soaking into the dough.
- Top with your favorite pizza toppings. One Pizza this size requres about 2 cups shredded cheese unpacked, or about 8 oz.
- Bake 20 min (or 10 min if you already prebaked the crust).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ZacAndAmber and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pizza Dough Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pizza