This recipe goes with Pizza Rustica with Wild Nettles
Yield: Makes 1/2 pound dough, enough for 1 thin crust
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- Olive oil
- Dissolve honey and yeast in 1/2 cup warm water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
- Add salt and 1 cup flour to yeast mixture, and stir until a soft dough forms. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 6 minutes). Add enough of the remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands. Place dough in a large bowl coated with olive oil; turn to coat dough. Cover and chill 1 hour.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads