- 1 package dry yeast
- 2/3 cup warm water (105Â° to 115Â°)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Dissolve yeast in water in a large bowl, and let stand 5 minutes. Stir in 1 3/4 cups flour, cornmeal, oil, and salt to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 5 minutes); add enough of the remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands.
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning dough to coat top. Cover dough, and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 40 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Punch dough down, and roll into a 15-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Place dough on a 15-inch pizza pan or baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Top and bake according to recipe directions.
- Note: To make 6 individual pizzas, roll dough into 5-inch rounds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads