Photographer: Lee Harrleson; Stylists: Jan Gautro, Ana Kelly
Is it a dessert or a main dish? Surprise your party guests with this fun cake that looks just like a pizza. To further maintain the pizza theme, serve the cake slices on a pizza stone.
Yield: 12 servings
- Red Velvet Brownie
- Browned Butter Frosting
- 1 (15-ounce) jar low-sugar strawberry jam
- 1 cup sweetened flake coconut, toasted
- 1 bag licorice candy pieces (such as Rips)
- Prepare Red Velvet Brownie cake according to recipe directions, baking in one (9-inch) round cake pan.
- Prepare ½ recipe Browned Butter Frosting.
- Spread thick layer of frosting over top of brownie creating a thicker (1-inch) wide border around outside edge to resemble crust. Dollop jam over frosting to resemble pizza sauce. Sprinkle coconut over jam. Cut 8-10 red licorice candy pieces into small circles using a (1-inch) round cutter. Chop 3 to 4 green licorice candy pieces. Arrange prepared licorice candy over coconut to resemble a pizza.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pizza Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
- PUBLICATION: MyRecipes
More Recipes for Main Dishes