- 1 package active dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (about 6 3/4 ounces), divided
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 slices center-cut bacon
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced white onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package whole button mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- calories 115
- caloriesfromfat 32 %
- fat 4.1 g
- satfat 1.6 g
- monofat 1.9 g
- polyfat 0.4 g
- protein 5 g
- carbohydrate 14.5 g
- fiber 0.8 g
- cholesterol 7 mg
- iron 1.1 mg
- sodium 190 mg
- calcium 70 mg
How to Make It
To prepare dough, dissolve yeast and sugar in 1/2 cup warm water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Stir 1 1/4 cups flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt into yeast mixture to form a soft dough. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 5 minutes); add enough of remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands.
Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning dough to coat. Cover; let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in size. (Press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, dough has risen enough.)
Punch dough down; cover and let rest 5 minutes. Roll dough into a 14-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Place dough on a pizza pan or baking sheet coated with cooking spray and sprinkled with cornmeal. Crimp edges of dough with fingers to form a rim.
Preheat oven to 450°.
To prepare topping, cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet, reserving 2 teaspoons of bacon drippings in pan. Crumble bacon; set aside. Add onion and mushrooms to pan; cook 10 minutes or until tender and moisture evaporates, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Drizzle oil over dough; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Place pan on lowest oven rack; bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until golden-brown. Remove from oven; spread ricotta evenly over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch rim. Arrange onion mixture and arugula evenly over ricotta. Sprinkle with bacon, mozzarella, and Parmesan. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges.