Serve with Grapefruit, Walnut, and Feta Salad. Or serve with Asparagus with Lemon and Pecorino.
Cooking Light APRIL 2013
1. Place a pizza stone or heavy baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 500° (keep pizza stone or baking sheet in oven as it preheats).
2. Place pizza dough in a medium microwave-safe bowl coated with cooking spray. Cover and microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 45 seconds. Let stand 5 minutes.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta; cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove pancetta from pan; discard drippings.
4. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion, pepper, and garlic; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place tomatoes in a mini chopper; pulse 4 times or until almost smooth. Add tomatoes, chopped oregano, and salt to pan; bring to a simmer. Cook 1 minute.
5. Roll dough into a 14-inch circle on a floured surface. Carefully remove pizza stone from oven. Sprinkle stone with cornmeal; arrange dough on stone. Spread tomato mixture over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border; sprinkle with cheese and pancetta. Bake at 500° for 10 minutes or until crust is browned. Garnish with oregano leaves, if desired. Cut pizza into 8 wedges.
Go to Full Version of