I thought this was delicious. I used pre-made Whole Foods pizza crust and found it only needed 8 minutes. The sauce was terrific and the pancetta added just the right amount of meatiness. Served with the asparagus and it was a terrific meal.
Photo: Francesco Tonelli; Styling: Tiziana Agnello
More From Cooking Light
Total: 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 395
- Fat: 13.6g
- Saturated fat: 5.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 15.9g
- Carbohydrate: 49.5g
- Fiber: 7.3g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 704mg
- Calcium: 181mg
- 12 ounces refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- Cooking spray
- 2 ounces prechopped pancetta
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can unsalted diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 3 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- Oregano leaves (optional)
- Grapefruit, Walnut, and Feta Salad
- Asparagus with Lemon and Pecorino
- 1. Place a pizza stone or heavy baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 500° (keep pizza stone or baking sheet in oven as it preheats).
- 2. Place pizza dough in a medium microwave-safe bowl coated with cooking spray. Cover and microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 45 seconds. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta; cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove pancetta from pan; discard drippings.
- 4. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion, pepper, and garlic; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place tomatoes in a mini chopper; pulse 4 times or until almost smooth. Add tomatoes, chopped oregano, and salt to pan; bring to a simmer. Cook 1 minute.
- 5. Roll dough into a 14-inch circle on a floured surface. Carefully remove pizza stone from oven. Sprinkle stone with cornmeal; arrange dough on stone. Spread tomato mixture over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border; sprinkle with cheese and pancetta. Bake at 500° for 10 minutes or until crust is browned. Garnish with oregano leaves, if desired. Cut pizza into 8 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Pizza