- 12 ounces refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- Cooking spray
- 2 ounces prechopped pancetta
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can unsalted diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 3 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- Oregano leaves (optional)
- Grapefruit, Walnut, and Feta Salad
- Asparagus with Lemon and Pecorino
- calories 395
- fat 13.6 g
- satfat 5.1 g
- monofat 4.4 g
- polyfat 0.9 g
- protein 15.9 g
- carbohydrate 49.5 g
- fiber 7.3 g
- cholesterol 18 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 704 mg
- calcium 181 mg
How to Make It
Place a pizza stone or heavy baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 500° (keep pizza stone or baking sheet in oven as it preheats).
Place pizza dough in a medium microwave-safe bowl coated with cooking spray. Cover and microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 45 seconds. Let stand 5 minutes.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta; cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove pancetta from pan; discard drippings.
Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion, pepper, and garlic; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place tomatoes in a mini chopper; pulse 4 times or until almost smooth. Add tomatoes, chopped oregano, and salt to pan; bring to a simmer. Cook 1 minute.
Roll dough into a 14-inch circle on a floured surface. Carefully remove pizza stone from oven. Sprinkle stone with cornmeal; arrange dough on stone. Spread tomato mixture over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border; sprinkle with cheese and pancetta. Bake at 500° for 10 minutes or until crust is browned. Garnish with oregano leaves, if desired. Cut pizza into 8 wedges.