I thought this was excellent when served fresh, but the leftovers did not keep well. Other than that, great flavors for the summer!
Pita Salad with Tomatoes, Cucumber, and Herbs
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 183
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 4.9g
- Carbohydrate: 19.6g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 386mg
- Calcium: 107mg
- 3 (7-inch) pitas
- 4 cups coarsely chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups diced English cucumber
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2/3 cup (3 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Arrange pitas on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 14 minutes or until dry and crisp, turning after 7 minutes. Set aside; cool.
- 3. Combine lettuce and next 7 ingredients (through parsley) in a large bowl. Break pitas into bite-sized pieces. Add pitas to salad; toss gently to combine.
- 4. Combine juice, sugar, pepper, and salt in a bowl; gradually add oil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss well to coat. Let stand 30 minutes; serve at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads