- 3 (7-inch) pitas
- 4 cups coarsely chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups diced English cucumber
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2/3 cup (3 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- calories 183
- fat 10 g
- satfat 2.9 g
- monofat 5.6 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 4.9 g
- carbohydrate 19.6 g
- fiber 2.3 g
- cholesterol 11 mg
- iron 1.5 mg
- sodium 386 mg
- calcium 107 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Arrange pitas on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 14 minutes or until dry and crisp, turning after 7 minutes. Set aside; cool.
Combine lettuce and next 7 ingredients (through parsley) in a large bowl. Break pitas into bite-sized pieces. Add pitas to salad; toss gently to combine.
Combine juice, sugar, pepper, and salt in a bowl; gradually add oil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss well to coat. Let stand 30 minutes; serve at room temperature.