I would go for Romaine instead of fennel. It seems a little incongruous with the rest of the flavors.
Pita Salad with Cucumber, Fennel, and Chicken
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 257
- Fat: 11.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 15.6g
- Carbohydrate: 23.3g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 429mg
- Calcium: 68mg
- 2 (6-inch) pitas
- 2 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 1 cup shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1/2 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Arrange pitas on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until toasted; cool 1 minute. Tear into bite-sized pieces. Combine pita pieces, fennel, and next 4 ingredients (through cucumber). Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- 3. Combine juice, vinegar, oregano, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Gradually add oil, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle dressing over pita mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note