Pita Quesadillas with Cilantro Hummus
Community Recipe from
- 1 gallon(s) cilantro
- Ingredient List
- Serves 8
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (or 1 15-oz. can, rinsed and drained)
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 7-inch whole-wheat pitas, split crosswise
- 4 jarred roasted red bell peppers, drained and sliced into strips
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. To make Hummus: Process cilantro and garlic in food processor until chopped. Add chickpeas, lime juice, oil, and 1/4 cup water; purée 3 minutes, or until creamy.
- 2. To make Quesadillas: Place 4 pita halves on baking sheet. Spread each with 1/2 cup Hummus. Top with peppers, spinach, and remaining pita halves. Bake 10 minutes, or until crisp. Cut into triangles, and serve.
- Nutritional Information
- Per 1/2 quesadilla: Calories: 193, Protein: 7g, Total fat: 5g, Saturated fat: 1g, Carbs: 32g, Cholesterol: mg, Sodium: 393mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugars: 4g
This recipe is a personal recipe added by corlove0106 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pita Quesadillas with Cilantro Hummus Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sandwiches
More Recipes for Main Dishes