Yum! The dip is easy and tastes great. I used jarred roasted peppers but in summer some home made roasted red peppers are in. I did use a bullet and not the blender. Started with 2 smaller sized garlic cloves (guessing they were about a tsp. when chopped up) threw in bullet and chopped up. Then put in almonds and pulverized. Added pepper, ground again and finished with remaining ingredients. Took about 10 min. Finding dry roasted almonds was a little tricky. Might choose regular roasted and lower the oil content or roast my own. This dip would be a great spread on a grilled veggie sandwich or even a pizza. The pita chips are also delicious.
Homemade Pita Chips with Red Pepper Dip
These guiltless Homemade Pita Chips with Red Pepper Dip are full of flavor and oh-so-easy to make. We bake our pita wedges until they're crisp, and then blend together roasted red bell peppers with almonds and other high-flavor ingredients. The results are a healthy, full-flavored snack.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 82
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Carbohydrate: 9.9g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 187mg
- Calcium: 24mg
- 2 (6-inch) whole-wheat pitas
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup bottled roasted red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup Marcona almonds or dry-roasted almonds (about 1 1/4 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Cut each pita into 16 wedges. Carefully peel apart each wedge to make 2 thinner wedges. Arrange wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat wedges with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and paprika. Bake at 400° for 6 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp.
- 3. While chips bake, combine bell peppers and remaining ingredients in a blender; add remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt. Blend until smooth. Serve with chips.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note