This recipe was simple to make and a different kind of dessert. You have to like meringue to make this. All the flavors blended together, recipe makes a lot of lemon curd so don't be surprised if you don't use all of it. Don't know if I will make again. You have to have a taste for it. Otherwise nice different dessert to make a impression!
Pistachio Pavlovas with Lemon Curd and Berries
Filled meringues are a lovely finale to a Passover seder. Make components ahead, and assemble at the last minute. If serving on an occasion other than Passover, try adding one teaspoon vanilla extract to the meringues.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 199
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 5.3g
- Carbohydrate: 39.4g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 71mg
- Calcium: 25mg
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher-for-Passover cream of tartar
- 4 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted pistachios, chopped
- Lemon curd:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 1 teaspoon potato starch
- Dash of salt
- 2 (6-ounce) packages fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon kosher-for-Passover powdered sugar (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 250°.
- 2. To prepare meringues, cover 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Draw 4 (4-inch) circles on each piece of paper. Turn paper over; secure with masking tape.
- 3. Place cream of tartar and 4 egg whites in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until foamy. Gradually add 3/4 cup granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
- 4. Divide the egg white mixture evenly among 8 drawn circles on baking sheets. Shape meringues into nests with 1-inch sides using the back of a spoon. Sprinkle evenly with nuts.
- 5. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, rotating baking sheets after 30 minutes. Turn oven off, and cool meringue nests in closed oven for 2 hours. Remove from oven, and carefully remove meringue nests from paper.
- 6. To prepare lemon curd, combine whole eggs and 1 egg white in a medium bowl; stir well with a whisk. Heat 1/2 cup granulated sugar, rind, juice, potato starch, and salt over medium-high heat in a small, heavy saucepan to 180° or until tiny bubbles form around edge. Gradually add hot juice mixture to egg mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Return juice mixture to pan. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Spoon curd into a bowl; cool to room temperature. Cover and chill.
- 7. Arrange about 1/4 cup raspberries in each meringue nest; top with about 2 tablespoons lemon curd. Sprinkle the nests evenly with powdered sugar, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note