Pistachio Pastry Twists
Wrap these flaky pastries in cellophane, and tie with ribbon, or deliver them in a vase. Add a monogram sticker to the vase to personalize the gift.
More From Oxmoor House
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped roasted pistachios
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Whisk together egg yolks and water in a small bowl.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, and cardamom.
- Carefully roll each sheet of puff pastry into a 9 1/2" square on a lightly floured work surface. Brush each sheet with egg wash, and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar mixture. Sprinkle chopped pistachios evenly over 1 sheet, leaving a 1/4" border; top with remaining sheet, sugared side down. Firmly press edges to seal. Brush top of pastry with melted butter; sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture. Cut pastry into 3/4"-thick strips, using a pizza cutter. Twist each strip 3 times, and place 2" apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 19 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans immediately, and cool on wire racks.
- Note: To reheat pastry twists, bake at 450° for 5 minutes or just until heated. Cool. (As they cool, they crisp up.)
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note