Sunset had some great recipes this month, wow I loved this burger.
Pistachio, Lamb, and Beef Burgers
Photo: Maren Caruso; Styling: Nissa Quanstrom
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 598
- Calories from fat: 54%
- Protein: 32g
- Fat: 36g
- Saturated fat: 8.6g
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Fiber: 6.1g
- Sodium: 925mg
- Cholesterol: 81mg
- 1/2 cup salted roasted pistachios
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped onion, plus 4 onion slices (1/4 in. thick)
- 1 large egg white, whisked to blend
- 1/2 pound ground lamb
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon baharat* (Arabic spice blend)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 4 to 5 tsp. Aleppo pepper*, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 cups cherry or pear tomatoes (any color)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Butter lettuce leaves
- 1. Soak 8 bamboo skewers (8 in.) in water for half an hour.
- 2. Heat a grill to medium (350° to 450°). Coarsely grind pistachios in a food processor, then pour into a bowl. Whirl chopped onion in processor until smooth and add to nuts along with egg white, meat, baharat, black pepper, 2 1/2 tsp. Aleppo pepper, and the salt. Mix with your hands. Shape into 4 patties, 1/2 in. thick.
- 3. Thread tomatoes lengthwise onto skewers. Combine mayonnaise, 1 to 2 tsp. Aleppo pepper, and the lemon juice and set aside. Brush onion slices with oil.
- 4. Grill burgers, tomatoes, and onion slices, turning once, until burgers are cooked through (6 to 8 minutes total), and vegetables are charred (3 to 5 minutes). Transfer to a platter as done. Grill buns cut side down until golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 5. Spread buns with mayo. Toss onions with a little Aleppo pepper. Build burgers with lettuce, onions, and some tomatoes from skewers; serve the rest on the side.
- *Find in the spice aisle or at worldspice.com
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This