Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Pistachio Brittle
- Here's a fun twist on traditional brittle. Pistachios not only add wonderful taste to the rich, buttery candy, but delicious texture. —Valonda Seward, Coarsegold, California
- 22 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min. + cooling
- •1-1/4 cups Imperial Sugar® / Dixie Crystals® Granulated Sugar
- •1/3 cup water
- •1/3 cup light corn syrup
- •1 teaspoon salt
- •1/2 cup butter, cubed
- •2 cups pistachios, toasted
- •1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- •1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- •Butter a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan, set aside. In a large saucepan,
- combine the sugar, water, corn syrup and salt. Cook over medium heat
- until a candy thermometer reads 240° (soft-ball stage).
- Carefully add butter and pistachios; cook and stir until mixture
- reaches 284° (soft-crack stage).
- •Remove from the heat; stir in baking soda and vanilla. Immediately
- pour into prepared pan. Spread to 1/4-in. thickness. Cool before
- breaking into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about
- 1-1/2 pounds.
- Nutrition Facts: 1 ounce equals 161 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
- © Taste of Home
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pistachio Brittle Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies