Pistachio Basil Pesto
Great pesto for those who cannot eat garlic. Note: Raw Shelled Unsalted Pistachios can be found at some co-ops and health food stores. If you cannot find the pistachios you can substitute Walnuts or pine nuts. If you choose to use salted pistachios then omit the salt. You can substitute flat-leaf parsley for the basil as well. This recipe can be frozen either in an ice cube tray or in a freezer bag. Make it in the summer when the Basil is fresh then freeze for use in the winter.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) raw pistachios Shelled, unsalted
- 2 cup(s) basil loosely packed
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt Optional (1/4 to 1/2) depending on your taste
- 1/3 cup(s) olive oil Extra-virgin
- 1/4 cup(s) parmagiano reggiano grated
- 1. Wash and spin dry the basil leaves.
- 2. Place pistachios, basil, lemon juice and salt in food processor; pulse until nuts are finely chopped.
- 3. Add olive oil gradually through food chute and process until well combined.
- 4. Add Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and pulse 2 or 3 times.
- Makes about 1 cup.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Andrea15 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note