Haas avocados are ripe when they turn almost black and give a little when gently squeezed.
This recipe goes with Crab Patties with Pistachio-Avocado Butter
Yield: Makes 1 cup
- 1/3 cup pistachios, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pistachios in butter in a medium skillet, stirring constantly, until lightly browned. Remove from pan, and cool.
- Mash avocado in a medium bowl. Stir in lemon juice. Add toasted nuts, mayonnaise, and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note