- 1 (12-ounce) carton small-curd cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 12 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Melted butter or margarine (optional)
- Combine cottage cheese, 1 tablespoon butter, and 1 beaten egg; stir well, and set aside.
- Combine flour, water, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl; add 2 eggs, stirring well.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface, and divide into 8 equal portions; roll each portion into a ball. Roll each ball into a 4-inch square. Place 1 tablespoon cheese mixture in center of each square. Moisten edges with water; fold over to form a triangle. Press edges together with fork tines to seal.
- Place turnovers, a few at a time, in boiling water with 1 tablespoon salt. Cook 12 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent turnovers from sticking to bottom of pan. Drain on paper towels; serve with melted butter, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This