Piquillo Pepper, Serrano Ham, and Artichoke Salad
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) walnuts
- 2 cup(s) water
- 2 cup(s) sauvignon blanc
- 2 strips lemon zest
- 2 clove(s) garlic smashed
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 baby artichokes
- 2 tablespoon(s) sherry vinegar
- ground black pepper
- 4 ounce(s) baby spinach or arugula loosely packed
- 1 head(s) frisee chopped
- 5 large piquillo peppers cut into 1/2 wide strips
- 3 small spring onions thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounce(s) serrano ham sliced and torn
- Preheat the over to 400. Spread the nuts out on a baking sheet and bake for 5 - 7 minutes, until slightly browned.
- Combine the water, wine, lemon zest, 1 clove garlic, 1 t. salt, and bay leaf in a large saucepan. Cut the stems away from the artichokes. Cut off one-third of the tops, and remove the tough outer leaves to get to the pale yellow-green centers. Add to the saucepan, cover with a small plate to keep submerged and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and cook on a low simmer for 15 minutes, until tender when pierced in the center with a knife. Remove from heat and let cool in liquid.
- While the artichokes are cooling, combine the vinegar and the remaining clove of garlic in a small bowl. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Drain the artichokes and cut into quarters. Put in a large bowl and add the nuts, spinach, frisee, peppers, and spring onions. Remove the garlic from the vinegar mixture and discard. Whisk the olive oil into the vinegar mixture in a slow, steady stream. Pour over the salad and toss to coat evenly. Arrange the ham over the salad and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psschmidt2 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Piquillo Pepper, Serrano Ham, and Artichoke Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salad Dressings