Piquant Pineapple and Shrimp Skewers
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) canned crushed pineapple in unsweetened juice, drained
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 24 medium raw shrimp, peeled (about 1 pound)
- 4 teaspoon(s) very finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1. Line a baking sheet with foil and set a wire rack on top. In a shallow bowl or baking dish, soak 24 bamboo skewers (about 6 inches long) in water for about 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, one at a time, butterfly the shrimp. To do this, carefully run a knife along the back of the shrimp, cutting in about 1/4 inch. Do not slice all the way through the shrimp. Gently press shrimp open with your fingers.
- 3. In a medium bowl, gently toss the shrimp with the pineapple, ginger, lime juice and pepper. Let stand for 10 minutes, tossing several times.
- 4. Meanwhile, preheat the broiler.
- 5. With the tail end pointing away from you and the slit side facing up, thread each shrimp onto a skewer. Spoon a little of the pineapple marinade on top of each butterflied shrimp. Set the skewer on the prepared rack. Repeat with the remaining shrimp.
- 6. With a pastry brush, lightly brush each shrimp with olive oil.
- 7. Broil on the oven rack closest to the heat source until the pineapple is lightly browned and the shrimp is cooked, about 5 minutes. Serve hot.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note