Piquant Lemon Pepper Chicken
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 clove(s) garlic
- 1-2 teaspoon(s) ground pepper
- juice of large lemon
- 2 large handfuls mixed salad greens
- Olive Oil
- salt (to taste)
- shredded zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1. Film the bottom of a saute pan with olive oil and set over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, black pepper, salt, lemon zest, lemon juice and balsamic vinegar. Add the chicken breasts, turning to coat with the pan juices.
- 2. Turn heat down to medium-low, until the liquids just barely bubble. Cover the pan and cook 6 minutes; turn chicken, cover and cook another 6 minutes, or until the breasts are firm when pressed. Make sure they are not over cooked. There should be no give when you press them, but they should not bounce back.
- 3. Place the breasts on a plate and let rest 10 minutes. Meanwhile, simmer down the pan juices until almost syrupy. Once the 10 minutes are up, heap the greens on two plates, top with sliced chicken breast and pour pan juices over each arrangement. Serve hot.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Seansgoodcooker and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note