Pioneer Woman's Cajun Meatloaf
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 whole(s) bell peppers
- 2 whole(s) onions
- 1 bunch(es) celery (5-6 ribs)
- 8 clove(s) garlic minced
- 6 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- optional few shakes of hot sauce
- 2 cup(s) ketchup divided
- 1/2 cup(s) whole milk
- 1-2 cup(s) breadcrumbs
- 2 pound(s) lean ground beef
- 1 pound(s) ground pork
- 3 whole(s) eggs
- 2 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Chop all of the fresh vegetables (peppers, onions, celery) into a small dice
- and mince the garlic. Over medium-high heat, melt 6 tablespoons butter.
- Once butter begins to start browning, add the diced vegetables and
- garlic. Add about 1 teaspoon salt.
- 3. After these have cooked for a few minutes add 1 tablespoon
- Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon nutmeg and
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper. If you like it hot, add a couple shakes of
- your favorite hot sauce. Next add about ½ cup of ketchup. Continue
- cooking and stirring for a few more minutes. Remove from heat.
- 4. After allowing the mixture to cool for a couple of minutes, add about ½
- cup of milk. Stir until combined. Next add at least 1 cup of breadcrumbs.
- Continue adding breadcrumbs and stirring until mixture is a nice, thick
- 5. In a large mixing bowl place the ground beef and pork. Whisk 3 eggs and
- add to the meat. After allowing the pasty vegetable mixture to cool
- down a bit, begin incorporating it into the meat. Keep working all of the
- Cajun-Vegetable mix into the meat until all is blended well.
- 6. Spray a sheet pan with some non-stick cooking spray. Next, using your
- hands, form your meat mixture into a loaf on the sheet pan. Make the loaf
- around 6-8 inches wide and about 1 ½ inches thick.
- 7. In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix together ¾ cup of ketchup with
- about 2 tablespoons honey. Slather this sauce over the whole meatloaf.
- 8. Place in a 400 degree oven for about 40 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KristinSessions and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pioneer Woman's Cajun Meatloaf Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes