Pioneer Woman Bowtie Chicken Alfredo
- 12 ounce(s) Bowtie pasta
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 whole(s) chicken breasts
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- 1/2 cup(s) half-and-half
- 3 tablespoon(s) heavy cream
- 3/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese
- chicken broth as needed for thinning
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken breasts. Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and cook until deep golden brown on both sides and done in the middle. Remove from the skillet, slice into thin strips, and set aside.
- Add additional 2 tablespoons of butter to the skillet, followed by the minced garlic. Stir the garlic around the pan to avoid burning, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add half-and-half, cream, and extra salt and pepper (if desired), whisking constantly until it's all combined. Allow liquid to heat up and thicken for a few minutes. If it gets too thick, you may thin it with a little chicken broth.
- When the sauce looks good, remove it from the heat. Add Parmesan to the pan, then throw the hot pasta right on top of it. Toss it a bit. Add the chicken and continue tossing until it's all combined. Again, if it gets too gloopy, splash in a little broth (you may return the pan to low heat if it needs it.)
- Taste it, adjust seasonings, and top with extra Parmesan. Serve immediately!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Jcampbell05 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pioneer Woman Bowtie Chicken Alfredo Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes