Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/4 cup(s) dates finely Chopped
- 3/4 cup(s) orange juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 3 cup(s) flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla divided
- 1 cup(s) brown sugar packed
- 4 ounce(s) cream cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1) Combine dates, orange juice, granulated sugar, butter, and 1 tbsp. of flour in a medium sauce pan over medium heat for 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir frequently. Remove from heat and mix in 1 tbsp of vanilla. Set aside to cool.
- 2) Beat brown sugar, cream cheese, and shortening in a large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until creamy: about 3 minutes. Add eggs and remaining vanilla and beat for two minutes.
- 3) Combine three remaining flour, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl. Add shortening mixture; stir until well blended. Divide dough in half. Roll one half of the dough in a lightly floured surface into 12 by 9 inch rectangles. Spread half of date mixture over, leaving 1/4 inch border at top of short edge. Starting at short side, tightly roll up dough in a jelly-roll style. Wrap in plastic and freeze for one hour. Do same with other half.
- 4)Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets. Unwrap dough and cut into 1/4 inch slices using dental floss or heavy thread. Place 1 inch apart on Cookie sheet.
- 5) Bake for twelve minutes, or until lightly browned. Move to wire racks and let cool completely.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jacmonty and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note