Community Recipe from
- 1 1/4 cup(s) dates finely Chopped
- 3/4 cup(s) orange juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 3 cup(s) flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla divided
- 1 cup(s) brown sugar packed
- 4 ounce(s) cream cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1) Combine dates, orange juice, granulated sugar, butter, and 1 tbsp. of flour in a medium sauce pan over medium heat for 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir frequently. Remove from heat and mix in 1 tbsp of vanilla. Set aside to cool.
- 2) Beat brown sugar, cream cheese, and shortening in a large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until creamy: about 3 minutes. Add eggs and remaining vanilla and beat for two minutes.
- 3) Combine three remaining flour, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl. Add shortening mixture; stir until well blended. Divide dough in half. Roll one half of the dough in a lightly floured surface into 12 by 9 inch rectangles. Spread half of date mixture over, leaving 1/4 inch border at top of short edge. Starting at short side, tightly roll up dough in a jelly-roll style. Wrap in plastic and freeze for one hour. Do same with other half.
- 4)Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets. Unwrap dough and cut into 1/4 inch slices using dental floss or heavy thread. Place 1 inch apart on Cookie sheet.
- 5) Bake for twelve minutes, or until lightly browned. Move to wire racks and let cool completely.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jacmonty and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes