Pinto, Black & Red Bean Salad with Grilled Corn & Avocado from Cooking Light
Chef Julian Medina says: "When I was growing up in Mexico City, my parents would throw wonderful summer barbecues. We would grill corn on the cob and mix in leftover beans & make a delicious, simple corn & bean salad." This Latin-accented three-bean & corn salad is studded with guacamole components; jalapeno, cilantro, white onion, lime & avocado.
Yield: 12 servings ( Serving Size: 2/3 cup )
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) heirloom grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt divided
- 3 ear(s) shucked corn
- 1 medium white onion cut into 1/4" thick slices
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- cooking spray
- 1/3 cup(s) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh lime juice
- 1 (15oz) can(s) no-salt-added pinto beans rinsed & drained
- 1 (15oz) can(s) no-salt-added black beans rinsed & drained
- 1 (15oz) can(s) no-salt-added kidney beans rinsed & drained
- 2 avocado peeled & diced
- 1. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Place the tomatoes in a large bowl, and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 3. Brush corn, onion and jalapeno evenly with oil. Place vegetables on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill corn 12 minutes or until lightly charred, turning after 6 minutes. Grill onion slices and jalapeno 8 minutes or until lightly charred, turning after 4 minutes. Let vegetables stand 5 minutes. Cut kernels from cobs. Coarsely chop jalapeno; discard stem. Add corn, onion, and jalapeno to tomato mixture; toss well. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, cilantro and next 4 ingredients, through kidney beans, to the corn mixture; toss well. Top with avocado.
- CALORIES: 141 FAT: 6.4g (sat.0.9g, mono.4.2g,poly.0.9g) PROTEIN: 5g
- CARB: 18.2g FIBER: 6.8g CHOL: 0mg IRON: 12mg SODIUM: 211mg
- CALC: 38mg
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pinto, Black & Red Bean Salad with Grilled Corn & Avocado from Cooking Light Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads
More Recipes for Main Dishes