Lots of flavor, great as a salad or as a dip with chips. Yum!
Pinto, Black, and Red Bean Salad with Grilled Corn and Avocado
Liven up your south-of-the-border dinners with a colorful bean salad featuring grilled corn. This Latin-accented three-bean and corn salad is studded with guacamole components: jalapeño, cilantro, white onion, lime, and avocado.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 42 Minutes
- Calories: 141
- Fat: 6.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 18.2g
- Fiber: 6.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 211mg
- Calcium: 38mg
- 1 cup halved heirloom grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 ears shucked corn
- 1 medium white onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 diced peeled avocados
- 1. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Place the tomatoes in a large bowl, and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 3. Brush corn, onion, and jalapeño evenly with oil. Place vegetables on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill corn for 12 minutes or until lightly charred, turning after 6 minutes. Grill onion slices and jalapeño 8 minutes or until lightly charred, turning after 4 minutes. Let vegetables stand 5 minutes. Cut kernels from cobs. Coarsely chop onion. Finely chop jalapeño; discard stem. Add corn, onion, and jalapeño to tomato mixture; toss well. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, cilantro, and next 4 ingredients (through kidney beans) to corn mixture; toss well. Top with avocado.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note