Very quick and tasty. Will make again!
Pinto Beans Enchilada Stack
More From Southern Living
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (1.25-oz.) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16-oz.) can refried beans
- 1 (15-oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 (10-inch) burrito-size flour tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups (10 oz.) shredded Mexican four-cheese blend, divided
- 1 (10-oz.) can enchilada sauce
- Toppings: chopped plum tomatoes, chopped green onions, sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, chopped avocado
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Cook ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 6 to 7 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Add taco seasoning and 1/3 cup water, and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Stir together refried beans and pinto beans.
- 3. Place 1 tortilla on a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan. Top tortilla with half of meat mixture and 1/2 cup cheese; top with another tortilla, half of refried bean mixture, half of enchilada sauce, and 1/2 cup cheese. Top with another tortilla, and repeat layers once. Top with remaining tortilla.
- 4. Bake at 425° for 16 to 18 minutes or until thoroughly heated and browned. Top tortilla with remaining 1/2 cup cheese; and bake 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges, and serve with desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This