Very quick and tasty. Will make again!
Pinto Beans Enchilada Stack
More From Southern Living
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (1.25-oz.) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16-oz.) can refried beans
- 1 (15-oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 (10-inch) burrito-size flour tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups (10 oz.) shredded Mexican four-cheese blend, divided
- 1 (10-oz.) can enchilada sauce
- Toppings: chopped plum tomatoes, chopped green onions, sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, chopped avocado
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Cook ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 6 to 7 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Add taco seasoning and 1/3 cup water, and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Stir together refried beans and pinto beans.
- 3. Place 1 tortilla on a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan. Top tortilla with half of meat mixture and 1/2 cup cheese; top with another tortilla, half of refried bean mixture, half of enchilada sauce, and 1/2 cup cheese. Top with another tortilla, and repeat layers once. Top with remaining tortilla.
- 4. Bake at 425° for 16 to 18 minutes or until thoroughly heated and browned. Top tortilla with remaining 1/2 cup cheese; and bake 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges, and serve with desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note