Pinto Bean Soup
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (16-ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can chicken broth, diluted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- Whipping cream
- Sauté onion and garlic in butter in a medium Dutch oven; add beans, chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomato juice, and simmer until thoroughly heated.
- Serve hot soup in individual mugs; add 1 tablespoon whipping cream to each mug. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews